bureaucratese

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Wed Mar 14 03:09:28 UTC 2007

"I acknowledge that mistakes were made here.  I accept responsiblity....."
 AG Gonzales while displaying his facility with the grammar of
establishmentspeak, wherein the word "mistake" always calls for passive
construction, showed nimbleness in employing the forthrightness that has
become fashionable among politicians lately, by switching to active in the
next breath.  In the recent election someone caught in a scandal  did this
in reverse order.  "Yes, I did it." Then immediately lost the points gained
by laying the   blame on some sort of addiction & haring off to rehab.
More bread & circuses.
AM