Alexei Panshin

Thu Mar 15 19:55:07 UTC 2007

>Panshin has two writing styles.  The one he used in "Rite of
>Passage" and in his excellent non-fiction study "Heinlein in
>Dimension" is very clear and easy to read.

Completely off-topic, but Heinlein scholarship has grown immensely
since his death, especially with the upcoming centennial of his birth,
(I've made a couple of small contributions to _The Heinlein Journal_),
and there are a number of Heinlein scholars who would deny
that _Heinlein in Dimension_ is "excellent".  But I agree with your
basic -- that it is clear, compared to other Panshin works.