Hollywood Bath (1944); Queso Fries

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Mar 21 04:39:23 UTC 2007

In a message dated 3/21/2007 12:28:45 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL writes:

How do  you get access to the LA Times since SABR dropped their  subscription?

You could get into Yale. The New York Public Library has it, but only
on-site. I don't think a single Texas library subscribes. ProQuest sure knows  how
to sell its product!
QUESO FRIES
Anyone know anything about "queso fries"? I'll probably try this place this
week or next.
_http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/texas/entry/queso_fries/_
(http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/texas/entry/queso_fries/)

Entry from March 20, 2007
Queso Fries

"Queso Fries” are a specialty of the Texicalli Grille in Austin, Texas.
Several other restaurants throughout the country offer “queso fries,” and it’s
not known if the Texicalli Grille “invented” them. Texicalli’s “queso fries”
are  “waffle fries and chili con queso.”

_Texicalli Grille (Austin, TX)_ (http://www.texicalligrille.com/)
QUESO FRIES (#1 - WAFFLE FRIES & CHILI CON QUESO) ... $6.25 / $4.20
QUESO FRIES w/EXTRAS ...$8.95 / $6.30
#2 - AVOCADO, ONIONS, JALAPENOS  WITH…
#3 - SPICY GROUND BEEF, SOUR CREAM, BLACK OLIVES WITH…
#4 - BACON,  RED BELL PEPPERS, GREEN ONIONS WITH…

_Austinist.com_
(http://www.austinist.com/archives/2005/11/14/dublin_dr_pepper_and_queso_fries.php)
November 14, 2005
But one of their greatest offerings has got to be the  queso fries.
(...)
Comments
The queso fries are STOOPID  delicious! It’s soooooo worth the risk of
immediate acute heart failure. So  worth it.
[1] Posted by: truecraig | November 14, 2005 2:45 PM

_Google  Groups: austin.food_
(http://groups.google.com/group/austin.food/browse_thread/thread/70efc05bef16e025/28d4216f645dcd48?lnk=st&q="queso+fries"&rnum
=2&hl=en#28d4216f645dcd48)