Anglican bagels

Fri May 4 13:40:44 UTC 2007

"Joel S. Berson" <Berson at ATT.NET> asks:

At 5/3/2007 12:03 PM, Mark Mandel wrote:
>who knows a Noo Yawk bagel when it sticks to his teeth

Hard to find these in the Boston area now, too.  Mark, are any of the
frozen products sufficiently like the genuine?  And do they come in
cinnamon-raisin?  And I don't mean currant!

 <<<<<

I couldn't tell you, Joel. I haven't willingly touched a frozen "bagel" in
years.

But we lived in Framingham for about 20 years, until about four years ago,
and we found Panera's bagels to be pretty decent. Many varieties, of course,
are nothing that my in-laws would have recognized as bagels but are pretty
tasty nonetheless; and their plain, sesame, and everything bagels are worthy
of the name. Not like the Second Avenue Deli's, but that's a pretty high
bar.

-- Mark
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]