Can sound be put in these messages?

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri May 11 20:34:01 UTC 2007

I hate to put this extra load on you Grant.  How big is acceptable.  What
file types are acceptable.   Maybe there is a better way, like posting a
voice site where voice emails can be listed. You wrote this below.

Posting Files to the Email List

ADS-L does not permit files of any kind to be sent to the list. If you’d
like to make files available to the list members, please do the following:

1. Send the web site administrator an email about the file, indicating what
it is and how big it is. Don’t include the file at first.

2. If the file goes beyond the obvious parameters of Fair Use, is too large,
or is in too strange a format, then the administrator will help you
determine if any or all of the file can be posted.

3. The administrator will then give instructions on how to send the file so
that it can be made available to everyone.

4. Once the file is situated on the server, the original submitter will
receive a unique URL which can be included in a post to the list.

Total turnaround time should usually be a few days or so.

See truespel.com and the 4 truespel books at authorhouse.com.

>From: Grant Barrett <gbarrett at WORLDNEWYORK.ORG>
>To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
>Subject: Re: Can sound be put in these messages?
>Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 12:30:01 -0400

> > site, not
> > just posted here and immediately buried in the mail archives.
>
>Done:
>
>http://www.americandialect.org/list/
>
>Grant Barrett
>Vice President of Communications and Technology
>American Dialect Society
>http://www.americandialect.org
>gbarrett at worldnewyork.org

Live Hotmail.