"parap(@)legic"

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Tue May 22 11:45:45 UTC 2007

Of course, we find syllabic schwa insertion (or retention) in participles like "grappling," "babbling," and "grumbling," but those are explainable (partly, at least) by the pronunciation of the base forms. There seems to be no tendency to pronounce "complexity" as "comp(@)lexity" or "complete" as "comp(@)lete."

--Charlie