"Elope" from a nursing home?

John McChesney-Young panis at PACBELL.NET
Fri Nov 16 06:12:42 UTC 2007

At 11:25 PM -0500 11/15/07, Charles Cunningham wrote in part:

>Try Googleing "elope juvenile placement" and you will find a common,
>specialized usage similar to your nursing home application. ...

My wife is an RN in a physical rehabilitation unit at an acute care
hospital where most of the patients have suffered brain injuries of
one sort or another, and sometimes the ones most at risk for leaving
- ambulatory but with cognitive deficits - have "elopement alarms"
attached to their ankles so the staff is made aware if they attempt
to leave the unit. See for example:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3830/is_n9_v45/ai_18939551

"Wandering and elopement technologies: a guide - health care risk
management - includes related article on action recommendations"

John
--

*** John McChesney-Young  **  panis~at~pacbell.net  **   Berkeley,
California, U.S.A.  ***