New "lumpkin," "girney"

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Mon Nov 19 15:27:56 UTC 2007

Date: Mon 19 Nov 13:15:13 EDT 2007
From: Charles Doyle <cdoyle at uga.edu> Add To Address Book |
Subject: Re: New "lumpkin"
To: ronbutters at aol.com

UrbanDictionary's first entry for "lumpkin" has a nice dangling particlple, which makes the definition ambiguous: "The act of oral sex performed on a man while defecating." In the several other entries, the approved procedure becomes clear.

Even before the the term was applied to the currently popular (?!) practice, I found the proper name, so prominent here is Georgia, to be comical (I always think of the literary character Tony Lumpkin). But, yes, in honor of the former governor, a major street in Athens is named Lumpkin, and a campus building at UGa is named Lumpkin House. And now there's an upscale Lumpkin Place apartment cluster. And an elegant restaurant named the Lumpkin Cafe.

--Charlie