Fwd: -ckx consonant cluster?

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 27 19:19:14 UTC 2007

I'd say it does. We learn in grade school that the vowels are A E I O U and
sometimes Y, and every other letter is a consonant. That's what this person
means. And he's heard the term "consonant cluster" and, given his
background, not unreasonably applies it here. But it's a question about
spelling.

m a m