When[ever] the Boston Globe cleans up a quote

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Sun Sep 2 15:14:25 UTC 2007

Re the episodic (or whatever) "whenever" that we were discussing last
night, here's how the relevant utterance was transcribed in the Boston
Globe this morning:

> Buchholz thought his no-hitter was lost when Tejada's ball went past
him to start the seventh. "When I jumped up and missed that ball, I was
thinking, 'Well, it's over,' and then [Pedroia] comes out of nowhere,"
Buchholz said. "I knew that something was meant to happen tonight. I
mean, everything had to work out and it did."

Alice Faber                                       faber at haskins.yale.edu
Haskins Laboratories                            tel: (203) 865-6163 x258
New Haven, CT 06511 USA                               fax (203) 865-8963