Another one bites the dust?

Lynne Murphy m.l.murphy at SUSSEX.AC.UK
Thu Sep 6 14:45:37 UTC 2007

Both my Pilates teacher (New Zealander, I think) and my yoga teacher
(English) ALWAYS say 'vertebrae', no matter how many they're talking about.
E.g. 'Try to move each vertebrae on its own'.

Lynne

--On Wednesday, September 5, 2007 11:31 pm -0400 Wilson Gray
<hwgray at GMAIL.COM> wrote:

> Heard on CSI:
>
> [Holding up a bone]: "Looks like a human _vertebrae_."
>
> -Wilson
> --
> All say, "How hard it is that we have to die"---a strange complaint to
> -----
>                                               -Sam'l Clemens

Dr M Lynne Murphy
Senior Lecturer in Linguistics and English Language
Arts B135
University of Sussex
Brighton BN1 9QN

phone: +44-(0)1273-678844