Readex/Newsbank just doesn't give a damn about its customers

Barry Popik bapopik at GMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 15 09:13:43 UTC 2007

In May, I was told that the version of America's Historical Newspapers
(AHN) that I was getting through GenealogyBank.com was "AHN-Lite." It wasn't
the same thing as the university subscription AHN version.
I've begged the University of Texas to get this vital resource since I came
to Texas a year ago. Well, UT finally has it:
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/indexes/news.html
 *Added September 12, 2007* America's Historical
Newspapers<http://ezproxy.lib.utexas.edu/login?url=http://infoweb.newsbank.com/?db=EANX>
1690
- 1922. (Newsbank Inc.)
Since May 2007, I've begged Readex/Newsbank to tell me the content of AHN.
As of today, everything in Series 4 and Series 5 is still listed as
"forthcoming," last updated "May 23, 2007." I've pointed this out to
Readex/Newsbank about five times. They know that that's wrong. They just
won't update it. They just don't give a damn!
http://www.readex.com/readex/titlelists/ahn4.cfm
http://www.readex.com/readex/titlelists/ahn5.cfm
Does anyone know anyone at Readex/Newsbank who actually responds? I helped
them get this important Texas account, but I can't get an e-mail returned!