Heard on The Judges: crack

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 11 16:28:23 UTC 2008

Late-thirty-ish black, female plaintiff:

"She might not be using crack no more, but she still have _crackish ways_."

I.e, acts like a person who uses crack. This usage is very common in
in BE, cf., e.g. "Manish Boy"[sic; the original title], the Muddy
Waters rip-off of Bo-Diddley's "I'm A Man," implying that the song is
about a boy who acts as though he's a man, i.e., has mannish ways.

This feels like something that's also used in other dialects. Is it?

-Wilson

-----
 -Sam'l Clemens