Standard US English Dialect?

Sun Apr 13 06:55:11 UTC 2008

I what you're referring to is the nasalization of the second "g",
which is listed in my standard Japanese accent dictionary. AFAIK, this
is a part of NHK Japanese and may or may not be followed by Tokyoites.
I'm not very familiar with Tokyo speech, though, so it might be that
it's widespread there.

Very good memory. Gogo means afternoon, with the first "go" being noon
and the second being after. BB