[1966] "Black Friday" (day after Thanksgiving)

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Fri Apr 25 04:15:30 UTC 2008

The stock market crash that was first christened "Black Friday" wasn't the
'29  disaster but an earlier one  (can't remember just when; sometime in the
'80s or '90s) that I associate (perhaps mistakenly) with Jay Gould. When the
term was resurrected for the opening of the Xmas shopping season, it struck
me as odd for a society that worships shopping.
AM