Age and gender confusion at the Olympics

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Sat Aug 16 14:10:20 UTC 2008

>Only after sending my previous message did it occur to me that the
>Boston Globe is apparently violating a related New York Times style rule.

Just because it is owned by the NYT Company, doesn't mean it has adopted the
NYT style. The Boston Globe is a separate publication with its own publisher
(P. Steven Ainsley), its own editorial staff, and presumably its own style
guide. It can't violate a rule that doesn't apply to it.