anise

Lynne Murphy m.l.murphy at SUSSEX.AC.UK
Tue Aug 19 16:53:26 UTC 2008

Maybe we should interpret 'standard' in a non-technical way in my claim
below, but I've only heard it as "a NIECE" in the southeastern BrE that I
hear, and have been mocked (a little) for saying something that sounds more
like "anus".

Lynne

--On Monday, August 18, 2008 7:42 am -0400 Charles Doyle <cdoyle at UGA.EDU>