"coach potato" another possible eggcorn?

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 1 04:24:12 UTC 2008

I agree that it's not as strong a case for an eggcorn as I thought at
first.  Maybe a budding eggcorn?  an oakcorn flower?  But there's more
here than a typo would account for.  The fact that there is a cartoon,
a TV comedy, and a piece of communications software with the name
suggests more to the couch/coach variation than pure chance.

Herb