F-Word update: Want to help?

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Sun Dec 14 16:04:27 UTC 2008

As many of you know, I am working on a new edition of _The
F-Word_, with publication planned for the fall of 2009. This
edition will be substantially larger and more thorough than
the last; I've currently added over seventy new words and
senses, and the size of the text has increased by 40%, and I'm
nowhere near done.

Previously I had posted to ADS-L lists of words I was
interested in.  This time, however, I have decided to post the
entire text online; in some cases there are notes indicating
things that I'm looking for.

If you are _seriously_ interested in helping, please e-mail me
and I will send you the link and password for the text. Anyone
who helps will of course be thanked in the frontmatter (if you
want to be) and will receive my gratitude. If you are merely
curious, please don't ask for the link.

Thanks very much.

Jesse Sheidlower
OED