A dialect split

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 18 14:52:06 UTC 2008

Ah, I didn't mean to imply that I was totally taken aback by this
phenomenon. I merely found iit mildly interesting that people are
alreeady lining up, so to speak, a year aheaad of time. No doubt, just
as people already say, "two-thousand-eight," "two-o-eight," and
"two-eight," some people will say "two-ten" as well as "twenty-ten"
and "two-thousand-ten," or maybe even "two-o-ten," when the year 2010
arrives. You never know.

FWIW, I intend to go with "twenty-ten."

-Wilson
–––