~Feenlend

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 20 02:58:41 UTC 2008

A friend and I did a test as well, cutting out the "i" phonemes for ~ing ~ink words from sound files and comparing them to typical short "i" words, like "print" "thin" "inch".  We mixed the presentation order to each other and on every occasion we could tell the ing/ink vowels.  They are more like long e than short i.

I'd be interested in more spectrographic analysis.  It would be great if words could be taken as spoken from m-w.com or maybe cepstral.com and analyzed.  That way we could play the stimulus words to hear them as spoken.

See truespel.com - and the 4 truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at authorhouse.com.

http://biggestloser.msn.com/