de-served "hot corn"

James Harbeck jharbeck at SYMPATICO.CA
Sat Jan 5 02:00:15 UTC 2008

>i'm beginning to wonder whether there's any point in trying to
>maintain the ecdb, when people don't consult it.

I was aware of its existence in the database, for what that's worth.
I was just tossing another log on the fire, since some on the list
seemed to find the subject entertaining. If I'd thought it was a new
eggcorn, I would have gone straight to the database, as I have in
past.

I actually wrote a humorous poem a couple of months ago that makes
use of several dozen eggcorns (including "just desserts"). I have
assumed that this list is not a great place for puckish verse,
however, so I just shared it with my chatty editor friends.

James Harbeck.