Laws and Sausage

James Harbeck jharbeck at SYMPATICO.CA
Sat Jan 12 23:14:23 UTC 2008

>   P.S. And my apologies (once again) if this is posted incorrectly.
>Why you folks use list-serves to communicate is a bit of mystery,
>unless you're organizationally intent on general obfuscation.

I must say it's unclear to me what is obfuscatory about listservs.
They're like conversations with large groups of people, conducted by
text. They may lack the nuances of intonation one gets from actual
conversation, but they gain the benefits of spelling things out,
quiting printed material in detail, etc. What way would you find less
obfuscatory?