Pronouncing drug names (w. note for Wilson)

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 31 04:24:53 UTC 2008

Regards syllabic stress and spelling -
There is a tendency for a stressed syllable to be indicated by a double consonant in English; for example, desert/dessert.  For stressed syllables that both begin and end with double consonants, like "accommodate", the most common spelling mistake (75%) is to drop the second double (accomodate) rather than the first (acommodate).  Thus, truespel phonetics indicates stress (on other than the first syllable) with a preceding double consonant. ~ukkaamudaet.

See truespel.com - and the 4 truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at authorhouse.com.

http://biggestloser.msn.com/