I'll see your McHattan and raise you...

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sat Jul 12 02:42:08 UTC 2008

OK, that's a nice one, even if it's not quite up to the standard set
by the much-bemoaned "Californication" of Oregon back in the '90s.
Anyway, it reminds me I was going to mention this new (to me, anyway)
blend noted in an article in today's Times.  In a review of this
summer's chick-lit beach reading that features a book by Michael
Tonello, Janet Maslin goes on to

On the Beach, Under a Tiffany-Blue Sky
By JANET MASLIN
Published: July 11, 2008

The snobbery, treachery and status seeking that Mr. Tonello describes
are, of course, staples of the beach-book world. Penny Vincenzi, an
accomplished if long-winded British writer whose style Publishers
Weekly has called "chickensian", has a particular affinity for all of
the above.

"chickensian".  Love it!

LH