Bees do it: bilingual bees teach humans a lesson

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Sun Jun 8 19:26:53 UTC 2008

The world's steadily increasing population -- save for that of some
indigenous tribes in Brazil -- suggests people are particularly
adept at understanding each other's "wagging their bodies from side
to side and moving at an angle to the sun, then looping back to do it
all over again."
(Seldom if ever do you hear one human asking another, upon witnessing
such behavior, "what you bees doing?")
dh

>>Some think there's a lesson in this for people as well as bees: _if
>>we could learn to speak each other's languages like the bees do,
>>perhaps we'd get along better, too_.
-----
Now, there's a forlorn hope, if there ever was one! Don't we already
speak and learn to speak one another's languages?

-Wilson