Boondocks

Seán Fitzpatrick grendel.jjf at VERIZON.NET
Mon Mar 3 05:31:34 UTC 2008

In my slightly later youth, in WE, the boots were called "boondockERs".
"Boondocks" was always the countryside.  My MacDonald cousins lived on a
farm in Upper Marlborough, MD, near Washington, D.C.  (Those familiar with
the area today may pause to wrap their minds around the idea of farms in
Upper Marlborough.)  The name sign at the entrance to the drive said simply
"E-I-E-I-O".  I mention this because there is a family song, that in part,
goes (to Down in the Valley):
Down boondocks
In Marlborough Upper
Though uninvited
We'll stay for supper.
 . . .
Down in the boondocks
The boondocks so low
Out to MacDonalds' . . .
E, I, E, I, O.

Seán Fitzpatrick
It’s a Gnostic thing. You wouldn't understand.
http://www.logomachon.blogspot.com/