Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 10 01:10:11 UTC 2009

Nice accent from Mr. Sheidlower ~Shiedlieyer (where ~ie = "eye").  He's an editor with the Oxford English Dictionary, but clearly has a USA accent.  Very clear ending "r"s.

I like his ~reejjekt versus ~rijjekt (for verb "reject") and ~reeffer versus ~riffer for ("refer").  I like the prefix "re" as ~ree.  I also like ~egzzampool (versus igzzampool) and ~eksprreshun versus ~iksprreshun.

However, he did say ~wer for "where" (I like ~wair) and ~ther for "there" (I like ~thair).  Also ~fer for "for", but that is maybe more common than not.

All in all, it's a very clear dialect to my ears and complemented by a good speaking voice.

see truespel.com

> Sender: American Dialect Society
> Poster: Sam Clements
> Subject: Jesse on NPR talking about the origin of "pink slip"
>
> http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2009/04/09/pm_pink_slip_q/=
>

> Jesse Sheidlower did a great job talking to Kai Ryssdal of Marketplace
>
> Sam Clements

Windows Live™ SkyDrive: Get 25 GB of free online storage.
http://windowslive.com/online/skydrive?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_skydrive_032009