Stress on "donate"

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Sun Aug 9 21:19:40 UTC 2009

--

No doubt some of the savants know much better than I ... but I can give
the naive impression of a single US-an.

Both DO-nate and do-NATE seem natural enough to me. Surely I hear both
although I can't say in what proportions. I can picture myself speaking
either, chosen more-or-less arbitrarily, although more likely I'd say
DO-nate (I think).

-- Doug Wilson