New eponym

Mark Peters markpeters33 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 12 00:59:37 UTC 2009

Lindsey Graham coined a vivid expression recently, saying, "My message to my Democratic colleagues is: We made mistakes in Iraq, let’s not Rumsfeld Afghanistan. Let’s not do this thing on the cheap."
(http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/09/ftn/main5227993.shtml)

Political eponyms--like Clintonista, Jeffersonian, Bushism--are pretty common. I can think of plenty of nouns and adjectives, but can anyone think of political eponymic verbs that work like Rumsfeld? I'm doing a column on Rumsfelding this week, and I appreciate any leads. I just hope I don't Rumsfeld the article.

Mark