btdub(s)

Dennis Baron debaron at ILLINOIS.EDU
Thu Dec 10 21:23:46 UTC 2009

Is there an entry somewhere for 'dub' = 'w' ?

don't forget TWA was called t-dub by employees and occasionally by
those who wanted to appear "in the know." And George Washington U is
referred to as g-dub.  Bush II as dubya has the prefixed form dub-.

DB (with no u in between the letters)
____________________
Dennis Baron
Professor of English and Linguistics