Spending a Year Living Like Jesus

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Tue Jan 6 12:57:31 UTC 2009

From:    Victor <aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM>

> I am having a hard time parsing the quote:

> http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/story?id=6573818

> [Ed Dobson] even had a couple of beers along the way. "I would often go
> down to the bar, sit up at the counter, drink a beer and talk about God,
> which Jesus was accused of being a glutton and a drunkard," he said.

This construction is all over the King James Version of the Bible. Seems
reasonable that a Xian minister might have internalized it, even if it's
not part of Dobson's native variety.

(BTW--at least as i parse it when it's in the KJV, the "which" in the
above is not equivalent to "for which".)

--
David Bowie                               University of Central Florida