flyting and rap

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Mon Jan 12 14:20:43 UTC 2009

I think my mind is going: such screw-ups on my part are becoming more
commonplace.

Thanks for the enlightenment: I notice that unlike others, you're not
attempting to push the roots of rap *waaay* back, with the exception
of the slang songs.

Unlike the flyting comparison, the connections to the you toasts and
the slang songs I think are much more relevant to the content of rap.

---Amy West