stepgrandparents and relational ambiguity

Victor aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 22 18:22:24 UTC 2009

As always, I must defer to Arnold Zwicky's superior (and far earlier)
explanation of the phenomenon in question.

For those not familiar with a variety of emoticons commonly known as
"ORZ", this is how this sentiment should be expressed:

orZ

followed by a full

:-)

But, when in doubt, one can simply suggest Wayne's World as a cultural
reference.

    VS-)

PS: Variants include O7Z and Or2. I won't go into orZ-0 and orZ* here.
Note the difference between Chinese and Japanese usage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emoticon#Posture_emoticons

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=orz

PPS: I wonder if Sro is the opposite of orZ.  I have not found any
common examples. POerhaps it should be ;-)