Google harm

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Jan 31 21:48:27 UTC 2009

At 1/31/2009 10:25 AM, Arnold Zwicky wrote:
>meanwhile, on an unrelated topic, it seems that this morning *every*
>page that google pulls up in a web search comes with google's malware
>warning, "This site may harm your computer".  news searches don't get
>the warning, but web searches do.

 From another list (I haven't bothered to check, myself):

"If you did a Google search between 6:30 a.m. PST and 7:25 a.m. PST
this morning, you likely saw that the message "This site may harm your
computer" accompanied each and every search result. This was clearly
an error, and we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused to our
users." --
<http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/this-site-may-harm-your-computer-on.html>

Joel