Marais and Miranda

Geoff Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Wed Jul 8 02:10:09 UTC 2009

The records of theirs that we own (late sixties antiques) are all 'Marais and Miranda'.  According to their website (they are both long gone, of course), her name was originally Rosa de Miranda, and she was Dutch.  It is claimed in various places that he composed the 'Zulu Warrior' song, which, incidentally, was a Toronto-area summer camp song in the 1959-62 period.  But then so were many early folk revival songs (Wasn't that a time, Follow the Drinking Gourd...)

Geoff

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT
and Associate Professor, Linguistics Program
+1 (313) 577-1259 (C&IT)
+1 (313) 577-8621 (English/Linguistics)