Fwd: drinking kool-ade

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Wed Jul 8 16:28:53 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 09:24:29AM -0700, Arnold Zwicky wrote:

> we've had threads on "drink the Kool-Aid" several times.  this is a
> snowclonish extension of that expression.  fair number of hits for
> "drank the * kool-aid", e.g.:

The OED entry does include this: "to drink the -- Kool-Aid: to
support -- wholeheartedly; to commit unquestioningly to --."

The only quotation we give for this form is for "to drink the
New Economy Kool-Aid," from 2002, but we don't usually
separate such things out and search for earlier exx.

Jesse Sheidlower
OED