ADS-L Digest - 25 Jul 2009 to 26 Jul 2009 (#2009-208)

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Mon Jul 27 12:24:07 UTC 2009

I'll have to go and check the archives. This is something that I've
noticed in my students' writing that I will consciously resist
marking: they will use "that" where I would have used "who." And I
simply favor "who" based on its referent being a person, that's all.
I hadn't even thought to bring in the restrictivity debate at all.

---Amy West