my speed is as the speed of ten

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 2 19:56:04 UTC 2009

My Short Theme on  the Movie Grendel.

The hidden meaning of the movie was shown in the scene near the beginning
when Beo had to kill a practice monster that was terrorizing a community of
about a dozen people. A funny old man led Beo to the monster, like a big
snake or something.  As soon as he was gone Beo said to his friend, "Stay
away from that Raffel. He's very odd."

In my opinion I think this meant that people should stay away from the
translation of Beowulf by Burton Raffel who is old now because it is odd.
The scene was saying that other translations are better or that the movie is
more like the story.

The Internet says that Raffel in the movie is spelled Rafel but in my
opinion that doesn't matter because of symbolism.  Many movies have hidden
symbolism and meaning and this is one of them.

JL