eggcorn: "raise cackles"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Jun 4 17:22:00 UTC 2009

And the next step is to process these "cackles" as an all-purpose
emotive response gauge.  We can already attest "warm the cackles (of
one's heart)":

Now all those features, plus numerous others I don't have the space
to mention, would by themselves be enough to warm the cackles of my
heart.

Things like that warm the cackles of my heart, they tell me that we
CAN all get along together, especially if we work towards a common
goal.

Who said children aren't doing anything positive? We've told you
previously about the  St. James Parish trip down south to aid in the
Hurricane Katrina disaster. Now, another story to warm the cackles of
your heart

May this year's festivities warm the cackles of your hearts with the
holiday spirit.

LH