wheelbarrows

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 5 00:55:26 UTC 2009

When I was a child in Texas, I thought that the object was referred to
as a "wheel-barrel" [hwiL b&@]. My thinking was that someone had
flashed on the idea of cutting a barrel half in two along the long
axis and putting handles and a wheel on one of the halves. When I
learned to read and came across the word, "wheelbarrow," I had no idea
WTF it meant. Fortunately, not knowing what "wheelbarrow" means
doesn't inhibit understanding to any great extent.

-Wilson
–––
-----
-Mark Twain