Q: describing how one reads text

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 7 16:17:18 UTC 2009

> P.S. The OED actually indicates a different
> pronunciation choice, /baustro'fid at n/. (I don't
> see /bau'strOpdIn/, which I assume is what the
> "bough-STROP-din" above corresponds to.)

As I heard it in thefreedictionary.com for UK version of "boustrophedon"

the /bau is "bow" ~bou meaning front of a ship.  That would be "ou" for commonest English tradspeleeng of that sound.  I assume /au/ is German tradspeleeng for that sound.

the STROP was meant to have the "ah" vowel,  With headphones on it sounds more like STRUP.

the "he" is dropped, and the final syllable is "din" ~din.

see truespel.com