Paul Harvey obit (not off topic)

Victor aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 1 06:08:04 UTC 2009

I will forever remember Paul Harvey for a different example of
anthropological nonsense. When Canada reshuffled its territories, Harvey
noted it on air with comments that included, among other things, "Now
the Inuit--long subservient to drugs and booze--will have to go it
alone." That was the last time I listened to him or his son on the
radio--at least, by choice. He's made up all sorts of other ideological
nonsense, but I will always associate him with the Inuit comment.

Harvey is responsible for a number of urban legends--not just promoting
existing ones, but actually making them up. Personally, I am highly
skeptical of claims of him coining "Reaganomics" and some of the other
words that are frequently credit to him.

VS-)