velarized /l/ and Billy Holiday

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 7 16:31:33 UTC 2009

~! indicates my accent (at start and finish)

Tom, why don't you post using truespel
~!Taam, Wie doent yue poest yuezeeng truespel~!

Sure thing.  I also would like to find a phonetic converter for IPA to show a comparison.  Note that all accents vary.

~!Sher thheeng.  Ie aulsoe wood liek tue fiend u funnedik kunvverter for IPA tue shoe u kumppairisin.  Noet that aul aksents vairee.~!

Basically if  you run your finger along the phonemes and speak them, you are speaking as I speak.
~!Basiklee if yue run yer feenger ullaung thu foeneemz and speek them, yue aar speekeeng az Ie speek.~!

Note that stress is on the first syllable or after a double consonant.
~!Noet that stres iz aan thu ferst silubool or after u dubool kaansunint.~!

see truespel.com

> Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 10:45:48 -0500
> From: sagehen7470 at ATT.NET
> Subject: Re: velarized /l/ and Billy Holiday
> To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

> Sender: American Dialect Society
> Poster: Alison Murie
> Subject: Re: velarized /l/ and Billy Holiday
>
> Tom, why don't you post using truespel?
> AM
>

> On Mar 7, 2009, at 10:00 AM, Tom Zurinskas wrote:

>> Sender: American Dialect Society
>> Poster: Tom Zurinskas
>> Subject: Re: velarized /l/ and Billy Holiday
>>
>> I forgot Herb. Books are right and people are wrong. Thanks for
>> the insight.

Windows Live™ Contacts: Organize your contact list.