"The meek shall inherit the earth"?

Jocelyn Limpert jocelyn.limpert at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 15 03:00:10 UTC 2009

I love this.

It reminds me of the Washington Post discussing Rick Bragg's book, "It's All
Over But the Shooting" -- something some lazy or ignorant copyeditors
overlooked -- thinking perhaps that it was correct, especially in
"crime-ridden DC"?

The correct title, of course, was "It's All Over But the Shouting" -- and I
couldn't restrain myself and had to write to the Post, something I rarely do
-- and they, in their editorial embarrassment, published my response.

But it was another amusing "typo" -- well, let's say "oversight"!