use of "my bad"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 30 14:06:41 UTC 2009

The fact that some idiots asserted that Black English was like baby talk
hardly proves that baby talk - uttered by tots or indulged in by relatives -
doesn't exist.

Still less does it suggest that "my bad," *if* it was consciously affected
as some sort of baby talk, especially appealed to teenage black basketball
players (*if* it did) because some of them spoke Black English.

JL