linguistics in the news: case of the missing "t"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Nov 4 20:03:58 UTC 2009

At 3:01 PM -0500 11/4/09, David Bergdahl wrote:
>That's probably what's meant by "T" being pronounced in the throat...
>-db

I'm sure it is, but a reference to the (universal) pronunciation of
"uh-oh" or "un(h)-un(h)" (however that's spelled) might have made the
phenomenon seem a bit less exotic and sui generis.

LH