more on -er

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 27 02:12:58 UTC 2009

Just on morphological grounds, I wouldn't expect *"Hell's Angelser" any more
than I would expect the disyllable-based *"Boy Scoutser". The name of the
group is transparently the plural of the term for an individual member, and
adding a suffix to singulate it just seems excessive. (Sitting back and
waiting for the expected counterexamples.)

Mark Mandel