"clack" [Was: blogging for pay]

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Oct 7 23:57:57 UTC 2009

I like "clack"-- presumably from (OED)

  {dag}9. A loquacious person, a chatterbox. Obs.
1640 FULLER Joseph's Coat (1867) 8 They are but clacks and tell-tales
for their pains. 1680 OTWAY Caius Marius II. iii. (1735) 40 That
well-spoken fool, That popular clack.

(If so, the OED needs some updating!  Yes, I know -- next century ...
er, decade.)

No relationship to "flack" (n.2), which is perhaps a little more on
target for the sense of "promotion"?

Joel