Teenglish from England

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 18 06:44:42 UTC 2009

When you know that when a sound sounds like something else it actually IS the sound it sounds like then you'll understand.

see truespel.com phonetic spelling

> Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 02:35:03 -0400
> From: mcovarru at PURDUE.EDU
> Subject: Re: Teenglish from England
> To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

> Sender: American Dialect Society
> Poster: M Covarrubias
> Subject: Re: Teenglish from England
>
> On Sep18, 2009, at 2:17 AM, Tom Zurinskas wrote:
>
>> Saying that it's a short i but sounds like a long e does not make
>> sense.
>
> it does if you pay attention to his explanation. you're confusing 2
> things:
> 1. your perception of the sound waves in context
> 2. the vocal articulation of the vowel
>
> when you know that those two are separate, you'll understand what
> nathan means when he says that it can sound similar to one thing but
> be another.
>
> this may not convince you, (i'm sure it won't) but we can hope that
> any readers who are interested in learning will trust an educated
> analysis will over your obstinate insistence that linguistics hasn't
> caught up to your instincts.

Bing brings you health info from trusted sources.
http://www.bing.com/search?q=pet+allergy&form=MHEINA&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TXT_MHEINA_Health_Health_PetAllergy_1x1